Friday, March 30, 2007

Workshop wiki

I am feeling a small (well, maybe a little bigger than small) sense of satisfaction in having built the wiki for the Teaching Narrative Workshop at the forthcoming symposium. As a techno-novice, it turned out to be easier than I thought. The next step is sending it out to the conference delegates and letting them (getting them to? - oh me of little faith) use it.

I have also been working on the analysis of my cancer blog corpus. It has taken me much much longer to do the linguistic analysis than I thought. I am now planning two papers from this, and need the discipline to sit down and get started on the actual writing, which is probably the bit I enjoy the most. I've worked on the women's blogs first, and at a first glance, the research that suggests that women write longer blog posts than men seems to be true so far. I'm really glad about that, because hopefully that means it won't take so long to work through the men's entries. No doubt there will be more on that later.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home