Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Facebook's Lexicon

My PhD student, Allison Martin gave me a link to Facebook's new Lexicon http://www.facebook.com/lexicon/, which looks like a very interesting tool for analysis of the language on Facebook. I can't wait until it goes live so that I can test out some of the topics that occurred in my data sample. And oh my goodness, how annoying that I have categorised the 2000 updates in my sample according to topic already. At least I'll be able to compare the demographic variation with a wider sample now!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Damon Lord said...

If you type in several search words and separate them with a comma then a space, it can give you a graph with the results for several words at once.

8:43 AM  
Blogger mike said...

“Wow” you are a genius for sure what great ways to get ranked high and obtain good traffic flow from your article. Thank you for sharing your information it was very good reading for sure. I am looking forward to any more of your articles you produce in the near future.


online learning

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home