Friday, October 26, 2007

Storytelling in Facebook

I've just come across this interesting survey from Writer Response Theory of collaborative writing options that are possible within Facebook. Angela Thomas has blogged about this too. It sounds like something I want to look into. I'm convinced from my work on the cancer blogs that patterns of online interaction are actually creating new hybrids of story genres, rather than just changing the ways that narrators, audience and texts relate. I have a germ of an idea for a new study I want to develop from this, taking a snapshot of the interactive possibilities that are now available and looking at the linguistic and narratological developments that emerge. But I need to finish writing the essays I am commissioned for before then!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home